This article includes a MAGNET Project file (*.mjp) for a simplified project of a road construction. It shows the earthworks, related mass haul plan, and other tasks connected with a schedule.
- First download the MAGNET Project file (Simple demo of basic features.mjp) located at the bottom of the article.
- Open MAGNET Project from your desktop, and navigate to File > Open.
- Select Simple demo of basic features.mjp, and click OK.
Mass haul view
- Navigate to Home > Views > Mass haul view.
Mass Haul View shows all quantities on the main road line by default.
- Examine the quantities by hovering your mouse over them.
- The tool tip shows quantity name, quantity type, location and stations, along with haul amounts.
Currently all cuts and fills along with other quantities are shown.
- Calculate hauls by navigating to Project > Hauls > Calculate hauls.
MAGNET Project calculates the hauls and optimizes the mass haul plan for your project. You may right-click Quantities and select Show hauls to see where masses from the cuts are hauled.
- Navigate to Home > Views > Gantt view.
This is a schedule for the tasks in the project.
- Double-click on any row or task for further information.
Clicking the task will open a task Properties window. Thin red lines between task bars show created dependencies between tasks.
- In this example, the LandCut 2 task cannot be started until LandCut 1 is finished.
Now let's take a look at the same schedule in the Time-location view.
- Navigate to Home > Views > Time-location view.
The Time-location view shows the task schedule on the main road line and on the bridge construction area.
The view is synchronized with the Gantt view, so when changes are made, tasks are automatically updated to all views.
The Time-location view shows the tasks by location on the horizontal axis and time on the vertical axis.
- Look for station 1,000, and follow it down.
On the 23rd of August, there’s a fill task there.
The next task Base hits station 1,000 on the 10th of October. Paving is there on the 30th of November, and finishing works on the 15th of December.
Let's return to the Mass haul view.
A mass haul plan has been calculated for this schedule.
- First look at LandCut 1 and Fill 1. They are being built at the same time.
- Open the mass haul view, and right-click on LandCut 1, and select Show hauls. You see the haul arrow going to Fill 1.
A report can be generated to get more detailed information. Navigate to the Report tab, and select what you want to include in the report. For example, a report could include a summary of all hauls. Other reports can also be generated according to need.