Template data and project data
MAGNET Project data can be divided into template data and project data.
- Mostly independent of a specific project and can be used again in several projects
- Defines how the project data behaves
The default template data file includes:
- Default calendar
- Haul resource types
- Common quantity types
- Resource types
- Differs from project to project so the data is not reusable
- Project locations
When you are planning for the first project, the default template data file can be used as the project template and/or later on, you can use your own customized files.
The default project template file
Calendars specify the daily work hours and the holidays of tasks. Calendar properties can be modified in the Project Explorer window.
Calendars have a name, default daily work day lengths for Monday through Sunday, and exceptions to the default work day lengths, such as holidays. The following exceptions (i.e., work time definitions) are supported:
- Holiday: Holiday during an explicitly defined timespan. Optionally, the holiday can take place every year within the same timespan. For instance, adding a holiday between December 25th and 26th and enabling the recurrence Yearly, Christmas Days and Boxing Days would become holidays.
- Weekday Off: Some public holidays take place on a specific week day after a date. For instance, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day can be created by adding a weekday off after the Monday following January 15th.
- Exceptional work times: Use when work day lengths need to be changed within a certain timespan.
The standard default calendar consists of a 5-day working week from Monday through Friday.
Default quantity type names used in the default template file
The default template data file includes predefined quantity type names with units and suitabilities.
When importing a bill of quantity into MAGNET Project, the software will automatically recognize quantity types if they are named the same way as in the template:
- Base Ag (Base aggregate)
- Rock Crushable
- Rock Uncrushable
- Stockpile Rock
- Stockpile Soil
- Sub-base Agg. (Sub-base aggregate)
- Topsoil Replace
- Unspecified (cut)
- Unspecified (fill)
Haul resource type
Haul resource type is a type of vehicle used for hauling material between locations. The default template includes capacities and cost for three types of haul trucks. Capacities are defined as units/quantity type.
The template includes three types of resource types with capacities (quantity type, capacity, unit):
- ADT 30
- ADT 40
- Agg truck
Resource types refer to machinery used to process quantities (e.g., cut/fill). The resource type contains production rates and costs for quantity types.
Production rate determines how many units per second the resource type can process the quantity of certain quantity type (units/h). Cost is a unit cost for processing a certain quantity type. Their production rates define the task duration, when the task has been assigned a resource type.
The default template includes the following resource types and production rates:
- Bulldozer and Roller
- Crusher and WL20
- Excavator and drill
- Grader and Roller
- Paver and Roller
The default template includes predefined filter views for:
- Actual quantities
- Planned quantities
- Rock materials