There are optional packages available for the Intel® Falcon™ 8+ Drone - Topcon Edition. They offer useful functions for specific applications.
The available packages can be purchased at any time and unlocked remotely. The Intel® Falcon™ 8+ Drone - Topcon Edition does not need to be sent back. Please find detailed instructions below on how to unlock packages.
- Flight planning: Fly and survey areas fully automated. You can plan complex waypoint missions on your notebook, with the flight planning AscTec Navigator Software, even before you go out in the field.
- Quick survey: This function lets you generate an automated survey flight while in the field (without notebook) within seconds. Set the ground sample distance (GSD), the area to cover and start the survey flight
- WP+P: With the Cockpit Control application you can create, load, modify and save PATH projects and any related waypoints on the touch screen tablet of the Intel Cockpit GCS.
- ICC: Independent Camera Control (ICC). This function enables a second operator to control the camera via a gamepad, which is connected to the Intel Cockpit GCS, while the pilot can fully concentrate on flying. Recommended for inspection flights.
- COI: With the Circle of Interest (COI) it is possible to fly an automated 360° circle around an object, and take photos at predefined positions.
Once the purchase is completed, you will receive an email with a file "serial.asc". It may be in the form of a ZIP file. Please store this file on your computer, if necessary unzip it and follow the step by step instructions below:
- Take the USB stick of your Intel® Falcon™ 8+ Drone - Topcon Edition and if needed make a backup copy of the log files.
- Format the USB stick (file system: FAT32, allocation unit size: 32 kilobytes).
- Copy the file "serial.asc" onto the USB stick.
- Plug the USB stick into the Intel® Falcon™ 8+ Drone - Topcon Edition and turn it on.
- Switch ON the Intel Cockpit GCS and the touchscreen tablet and connect as usual.
- Switch OFF the Intel® Falcon™ 8+ Drone - Topcon Edition, the touchscreen tablet and the Intel® Cockpit GCS.
- Take out the USB stick, plug it into your computer and delete the file "serial.asc" – make sure to keep a copy of the file "serial.asc" on your computer in case the procedure needs to be repeated.
- Remove the USB stick from the computer and plug it into the UAV.
- Now you can check the activated features like described below.
- Perform a test flight and try one function of every newly unlocked package.
- Check the Main Screen of the Status Display making sure there are no messages displayed regarding missing packages.
If you need help, please contact your local support.
Checking activated feature packages:
To check which feature packages are activated on your system, turn ON the Intel® Falcon™ 8+ Drone - Topcon Edition, the touchscreen tablet and the Intel® Cockpit GCS and confirm the Link Loss Procedure.
- Push ENT to open the menu on the Status Display.
- Use the arrow RIGHT button to navigate to Settings.
Use the arrow RIGHT button to navigate to Falcon Info and confirm by pushing ENT.
The next screen shows the installed firmware versions and in the last column the activated feature packages:
- SURVEY = Survey Package
INSPECT = Inspection package
Packages that are not activated will not be shown on this screen.