The following procedure is done once, to pair the two pieces of equipment so that they "find" each other during subsequent setups.
Setting up the instrument
- Take equipment to Bluetooth-free area
- Power on the robotic total station
- Enter the configuration menu of the instrument (varies)
- Set communication method to Bluetooth
- Save settings
Setting up the RC-5
- With RC-5 powered off, press and hold the Search button, then press and release the Power button
- When the Far LED flashes, release the Search button
- RC-5 will scan for Bluetooth devices in the area and beep once for each total station available
- Far LED will blink and Total Station LED will flash and become solid.
- If the robotic instrument is found, the antenna on the Bluetooth icon of the instrument will “raise”.
- Now the robotic total station and RC-5 are paired.
- If RC-5 finds other devices in the area and the TS LED becomes solid, simply press the Search button to browse through until the desired instrument is found.
- Press the Far button once the RC-5 and Total Station have linked to each other
- RC-5 will power itself off.
- Power RC-5 back on.
- Process is complete. Total Station and RC-5 are linked.
- To confirm, face the RC-5 window towards the Total Station, and press the Search Button.
Total Station will rotate and locate the RC-5 and then the Prism.