Navigate to the Quick Code menu
In the Survey menu, select Measure pts > QuickCodes.
Adding a Quick Code
In the List of available Quick Codes window, click Add.
Setting up a Quick Code
- Give your Quick Code a name. Short names work best as they will need to fit in the onscreen button.
- Add a point descriptor if desired.
- Select which layer the topo shots will be stored.
- Assign a starting point number.
- Select whether you want to create a polyline as the points are collected.
- Select the option to create a shortcut on the screen.
Define layer preferences
If a new layer was created, select which attributes you would like to see displayed on the screen, then select the color and type of point symbol.
Save the Quick Code
Select Ok to save your additions and changes.
Turn on Shortcuts
In the Display menu, select Shortcuts...
Select the Quick Code you wish to display, and click the check mark button.