The Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) Helper utility can be used to get Microsoft WMDC, formerly ActiveSync, to run and connect in newer versions of Windows, particularly in Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703 Build 15063).
Install Windows Mobile Device Center, then run the following file on your PC as an administrator:
Windows Mobile Device Center/ActiveSync installer
For more details and additional assistance if needed, please see the following web page:
Still unable to connect after installation of Windows Mobile Device Center and WMDC-Helper?
If you cannot make a connection after installing Windows Mobile Device Center and WMDC-Helper, do the following:
- Power on your controller, and select the Settings icon from the Home screen.
- Select the Connections icon.
- Select the USB to PC icon.
- In the USB to PC window, uncheck the Enable advanced network fuctionality check box.
- Press OK to save changes.
- On your PC, select the Windows icon on the lower left side of the screen.
- Navigate to and select Windows Mobile Device Center.
- Once Windows Mobile Device Center is open, connect the controller to your PC using a USB connection.
- Allow Windows Mobile Device Center a few moments to make a connection to the controller.
- Once connected, you will be able to access data on the controller.