TRU (Topcon Recevier Utility) can be used to load OAF options, perform a factory reset (clear NVRAM) and troubleshoot the GR-i3 GNSS antennas. Before attempting to connect, you must ensure the following:
- MCXCONFIG program is installed on your GX-55/GX-75
- Main and auxiliary antennas must be designated in the X-53x system
- TRU v3.2 or later installed on your GX-55/GX-75
- To create the connection profiles, go to Device>Connect or hit F11
- In the Connection Parameters screen, hit the text prompt under Device Name.
- Press and hold on the screen and you will see a prompt to Add/Edit/Remove.
- Select Add.
You will now need to fill in the following fields to create the Network Connection.
- Friendly Name: The name the connection will have. Commonly, MAIN and AUX are used.
- IP Address or Host Name: This is the IP address the GR-i3 connects to. For main and auxiliary antennas, this will be 192.168.0.1
- TCP Port: The port the GR-i3 connects to. For the main antenna, this will be 8012. For the auxiliary antenna, this will be 8013.
- Password: The password used to access the receiver. For main and auxiliary antennas, this will be TPS.
- It is advised to create a Nework Connection for both main and auxiliary antennas. Once these are created, they will be saved on the display for future use.
- Once this information has been entered, hit the OK button in the upper right corner.
- Back at the main screen, go to Device>Connect or hit F11. You should be able to select from the different Network Connections you have setup.
- Select the antenna you wish to connect to and hit the Connect button.
- You should now have access to the different TRU functions such as Information, Options, Receiver Settings, etc.