Paver Control Options
- From the main menu, select the Control tab to access the Screed options.
- Here compaction values, Sensor compensation, and additional screed sizes can be set.
Paving Control Menu
- Select Diff. Compaction % to enter the material compaction coefficient.
- This value can be calculated or supplied by the lab.
Paver Control Screen
- Select Sensor Angle Comp. The default value is 25.
- A calculated value may also be entered.
- 25 is used in most applications for proper sensor position.
Sensor Angle Compensation
- The sensor angle compensation is based on the amount of sensor movement relative to the amount of cylinder movement.
- Sensor movement divided by cylinder movement equals Sensor Angle Compensation value.
- The Default Value is 25% and is generally used.
Paver Sensor Calibration
- From the main screen with a fixed position, start by selecting the Green Status Bar.
- The following steps need to be done for both the left and right sides if thickness is selected for both in the Mode screen.
- Confirm the Sonic Tracker is in the proper position
- Paint a mark on the ground at the tracker position and Survey the sensor at that location.
- The Survey value will appear in both the Thickness, and the Calibrated thickness fields.
- While in manual operating mode (Auto Switch in the off position), pull the paver forward to begin paving.
- With a folding rule, measure the mat thickness at the mark painted on the ground where the sonic was surveyed.
- Enter the actual cut depth value in the Calibrated thickness field and select Set to lock in the value.
- Switch to automatic control.