- Download the current version of MAVinci Desktop from the Topcon TotalCare website and install to the user’s PC.
Once installed, open MAVinci Desktop and the MAVinci Desktop License window will appear.
- Note that this screen will only appear when MAVinci Desktop hasn’t been registered on the PC before.
- If the software is already registered, this screen will not appear and the software will open normally.
- Updates for registered versions are handled via an online update within the software.
- Select Order New License.
- On the MAVinci License Manager screen, enter in the requested information into all fields.
- Enter the Voucher Serial Number (if applicable).
Once finished, select Send request to MAVinci.
- Note – an Internet connection is required.
- Once the request has been submitted to MAVinci, select Exit and then close MAVinci Desktop.
- MAVinci will respond to the user via email with the serial number of the MAVinci Desktop License.
- Once the serial number of the MAVinci Desktop license has been received from MAVinci, open MAVinci Desktop on the user’s PC.
- Select Input Serial Number.
- Enter the serial number received from MAVinci.
- Select Ok.
- MAVinci Desktop will then open normally to the Welcome screen.
- On the Welcome menu, select About.
- To check for updates to the MAVinci Desktop application, select Search for online update under the MAVinci Desktop Update section.
- To check for updates to the MAVinci Desktop license, select Search for online update under the MAVinci Desktop license Updates section.
- If an update to a newer version is available for either, follow the onscreen instructions to update.
- On the Welcome menu of MAVinci Desktop, select Settings to open the Settings Panel.
All general software settings on the settings panel can remain at their defaults, except:
- Select the Operation Level as Expert.
- Select the Spatial Reference system to be used (default uses WGS84 coordinates).
- Select the units to be used as Metric or Imperial.
- Select the folder path for the MAVinci Desktop sessions.
- Select the folder path to AgiSoft, Pix4D, Menci, or 3D Survey post processing software (if applicable).
- For description of all the settings available on the settings panel, please refer to section 13.5 of the MAVinci user’s manual.
- The MAVinci user’s manual can be opened by selecting Window – Manual in English while in MAVinci Desktop.
- On the Welcome menu, select Camera Settings to open the Camera Settings Panel.
From the list of camera profiles on the lower left side of the camera settings panel, select the UAV camera payload being used.
- Standard RGB payload: Fuji X-M1 – 18mm – PRO.
- High Resolution Mapping: Fuji X-M1 – 27mm – PRO.
- City Mapping: Fuji X-M1 – 8mm – PRO.
- NIR: Fuji X-M1 – 18mm – PRO.
- Right click on the camera profile being used and select Set as Default.
On the right side of the camera settings panel under the plane parameters section, configure the following:
- Select the GPS type as DGPS + RTK.
- Select the Autopilot version as 5.0.
- Leave all other settings on the Camera Settings Panel at their defaults.
- Right click on the camera profile being used and select Save Changes.
- For description of all the settings available on the camera settings panel, see section 13.6 of the MAVinci user’s Manual.