An RD3 file is Topcon's proprietary file format for handling alignment data.
- To export an RD3 file, go to Data > Alignment > Import/Export > To RD3 file...
- When exporting to an RD3 file, you can only select a single alignment to export. The program will let you select multiple, but it will only export the last alignment that was selected.
- Once the alignment you wish to export has been selected, hit the three dot button next to the Export Alignment as field to set the destination of the file.
- By default, Pocket3D will save the file to the \Topcon\3DMC\ folder on the data collector. To save to a USB drive, you will need to navigate to the D:\ drive or USBHardDisk, depending on the type of collector you are using.
- Once the file destination has been set, hit the Export button to create the file.
- If the file was successfully created, Pocket3D should show the screen at right.
- If the file location is shown as \TOPCON\3DMC\, the file was saved to the internal memory of the data collector and will not be on your USB drive.