The SIM cards used by Pavelinks devices are activated with Service Points, which are linked to the user’s myTopcon account.
The following steps will show you how to activate Service Points, hardware devices (tablet a.k.a. Pavelink Display and the Pepwave (part of Thermal Mapper and Sensor Kit)), and SIM cards for the customer’s Pavelink system.
Step 1: Activate Service Points
- To activate the points, go to myTopcon website of https://www.topconpositioning.com/support and login with your account. It will show the user account, the correct organization and Service Points balance. (The end user will need to purchase or already have a Service Points balance prior to activating the Thermal Mapper).
- To activate the points, go to myTopcon.com >> My Apps >> Product Activation. Enter the serial number and press CONTINUE. You must accept the End User License Agreement.
- Verify the points have been deposited by clicking the name in the top right corner. The user should see the Service Points balance.
- If the user is a member of multiple organizations, be sure the active organization is the one where points should be deposited.
Step 2a: Register devices
- Log into to the myTopcon website of https://www.topconpositioning.com/support and register the Tablet or Cell Router under an account with Service Points.
- Go to myTopcon >> Register a Product or go to myTopcon >> My Apps >> Product Registration.
- Enter the serial number of the unit and press Continue.
- Verify the correct unit is recognized.
- Enter the purchase date of the unit.
- Press Complete Registration.
Step 2b: Activate SIM card
- Select the CELLULAR ACTIVATION button after product registration has been completed or go to your registered products list.
- Click the CELLULAR ACTIVATION button that appears under the registered unit.
- Enter the ICCID number (19-digit number on the SIM card that begins with 8931).
- Press ACTIVATE CELLULAR MODEM to complete the process.
- Activating the modem requires 25 Service Points. Confirm this by pressing ACCEPT.
- Accept the SIM Activation License Terms by pressing ACCEPT.