Topcon has simplified the modem activation process for units using the Topcon Global SIM card. They can now be activated from myTopcon.com
Register Your Product
- The first step is to log into myTopcon and register the SL-100, MC-i3, MC-i4 or MC-R3 to your organization's account.
- Your account will need to have at least 25 Service Points to activate a modem.
- Go to myTopcon.com > Register A Product or go to myTopcon.com > My Apps > Product Registration.
- Enter the serial number of the unit and press Continue.
- Verify the correct unit is recognized.
- Enter the purchase date of the unit.
- Press Complete Registration.
- Select the CELLULAR ACTIVATION button after product registration has completed or go to your registered products list.
- Click the CELLULAR ACTIVATION button that appears under the registered unit.
- Topcon has recorded the IMEI and ICCID for most current products. However, you may be required to enter the ICCID and/or IMEI numbers for legacy products and some current products.
- This is an example for a current product that does not require the ICCID or IMEI numbers to be entered.
- Press ACTIVATE CELLULAR MODEM to complete the process
- An older MC-i3 will ask you for the ICCID number, which is the number on the Topcon Global SIM card.
- Activating the modem requires 25 service points. Confirm this by pressing ACCEPT.
- You must accept the SIM Activation License Terms.
- Press Accept.
- You will see a success message.
Checking Modem Status
- The CELLULAR ACTIVATION button has now been replaced with CHECK CELLULAR STATUS.
- Here you can see the activation status of the modem.
- For the cellular activation of an SL-R3 unit you will be prompted only for the ICCID number.
- For the cellular activation of an SL-R4 unit you may or may not be prompted for the ICCID and IMEI if the unit is before the serial number break based on the serial number of the product.
- The IMEI number activates the CDMA modem.
- SL-R3 units are not CDMA-capable, which is why you do not need an IMEI number.