The MC-X1 has the ability to broadcast Wi-Fi so that it may be connected to and configured via a Wi-Fi connection. This is required for the geometry and hydraulic calibration applications for the automatic excavator.
Ensure the MC-X1 is connected to the GX-55 or GX-75.
Go to Network > Accesspoint.
- Check the box for Access Point Enabled.
- SSID is the default Wi-Fi name. It may be edited if desired.
- Channel: Use Channel  2412 MHz.
- Country Code: Select the correct country you are in. If incorrect, this may cause communication errors.
- Security Type: Use default WPA/WPA2 - Personal.
- Password: Enter an 8 to 63 character password.
Click Save. Wi-Fi should now be broadcasting.
If the Wi-Fi password is forgotten, simply go back into MCXConfig and type in a new one. It will always show a blank field. The current password is not queried.
Connect your PC or FC-5000 to this Wi-Fi connection before starting either calibration application.
IMPORTANT: Verify 3D-MC is closed on the control box before connecting your PC or FC-5000 to the Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi connection problems
If a Wi-Fi connection cannot be established from your PC or FC-5000, try the following steps:
- Verify the country code.
- Change the Wi-Fi channel.
- Try a new password.
- Change the SSID.