Loading an Orthophoto/DEM
- MAVinci Desktop allows the user to load and display their own previously generated orthophotos and DEM’s (in GeoTiff format) for a given area.
- This can be useful when planning to fly in areas of rough terrain where a more accurate elevation model (than what MapBox or Bing is capable of) is required.
- MAVinci Desktop is optimized to load GeoTiff files with the WGS84 datum (EPSG 4326) associated.
To load an orthophoto and/or DEM:
- Right click on the lower left part of the Map Layer manager and select Load GeoTiff.
- Navigate to the location on the user’s PC of the orthophoto/DEM GeoTiff files. Select Open.
- Depending on the size of the files, loading GeoTiff files can take several minutes.
- Once finished, expand the GeoTiff section of the map layer manager in the lower left of the screen and check on the content to be loaded.
- Confirm the GeoTiff files have been loaded onto the Map View.