Map view in MAGNET Project visualizes
- Road lines
- Their scheduled or actual progress on top of a map
New road lines and areas can be created by
- Drawing them into the map
- Binding drawings to existing locations
Background maps can be imported into MAGNET Project to enhance map-based and accurate earthwork plans. Background maps can be imported as
- An image (*.pdf, *.bmp, *.jpg, or *.png)
Using a WMS (Web Map Service)
- Notice that when importing a *.pdf (or other image format) map, the geographical map should have at least two coordinate markers already defined where X marks the coordinate point, and their coordinate values (X, Y) are written next to the points.
- WMS maps use a GIS database or one of the distributed geospatial databases to import a map based on a URL. WMS retrieves the map in the form of an image (*.jpeg/*.png), which is then automatically displayed in MAGNET Project.