Make planning easier and more flexible
Version 6 is a rewrite of the previous version of MAGNET Project software. The aim is to make planning easier and more flexible. This version will support a wider usage and easier scheduling of non-earthwork tasks as before. It will also make future development faster and more agile.
- MAGNET Project continues to be a tool for mass optimization, scheduled mass haul planning, visual project planning, and production follow-up.
- The changes make the program easier-to-use for new users, as well as providing more flexibility and opportunities for experienced users.
- There is a new user interface with new features, filters, and views.
- MAGNET Project 6 supports planning at different levels of detail. It will be easier to get started in a phase where you do not have all the information. You can add more details to the plans later.
- Version 6 doesn’t require Excel being installed on the computer anymore.
- It will support the new MAGNET licensing system that allows users to choose from available serial numbers in the license pool.
- It is easier to make a scheduled mass haul plan, resulting in time savings and achieving the desired results faster.
- There is a new way to visualize results better.
Features dropped from v6.0 that were available in v5.1 include the following:
- Export to Primavera P6 XML format
- Support for some language translations
- Importing actual haul data from Sitelink3D Haul Truck system
- Manual creation of hauls
- Forecast progress based on actuals in Time-location view
- Mass curve view
- Resource view
- Control view
- Export tasks as DynaRoad XML (old format)
- Import quantities from DynaRoad XML (old format)
- Send resource graph to iSeekPlant
- Import alignment coordinates from VGP files (old Trimble Tekla Xroad/Xstreet format)
- Type-derived dependencies
- Identified resources (machine license plate)
- Resource number limitations
- Print to PDF directly from the program (In v6, you can print to a separate PDF printer.)
New and improved features
New features in v6.0 include:
- Flexible scheduling where tasks' attributes are optional (Tasks aren’t required to have quantities, locations, resources, and production rates anymore.)
- Export to Microsoft Project 2013 XML format
- Import from Microsoft Project 2013 XML format
- Possibility to add metadata columns to tasks
- Support for WMS background maps
- Flexible text reports that a user can define and modify
- Possibility to save location layouts (view settings)
- Possibility to import actual quantities from Excel or MAGNET Office
- Improved possibilities to add text boxes, images, and graphics in views
- Autosave backup file
- Possibility to use multiple monitor setup and look at views on different monitors
- Project quantities are imported and stored in full accuracy
- V6.0 haul calculation is based on distance, unless you define haul resource costs (In v5.1, haul calculation was based on a haul cost table.)
New *.mjp file format
- MAGNET Project 6.0 can open files saved with the latest DynaRoad version v5.6.3 or with MAGNET Project v5.1. If a user has older files, they should be opened with the latest v5.1 version and resaved before updating to v6.0.