Project Parameters Dictate No Milling of the Existing Surface, Just Pre-Filling and Paving
This scenario describes the necessary steps for a workflow requiring the finished design product to encompass a resurfacing project where there will be no milling involved. This MAY require a certain amount of pre-fill to be performed where depths are greater than max allowed by the material being used (depth/thickness parameters are defined in the first step).
- Set Limits (all strings)
- Apply Minimum Thickness (all strings, typically)
- Smooth Profile (typically just one string)
Apply Fixed Cross Slopes
- Set Start and End Station
- Apply (Cross Fall or Crown) to Current Range
- Set Start and End Stations
- Apply Transition to selected range (Select All Strings)
Apply Minimum Thickness at Highest Point
- Reset Station Marks to select entire profile
- Minimum Thickness at Highest Point (Select all strings)
- Select all strings
- Slide Fill/Mill ratio to far right (100% Fill)
- It will most likely be necessary to redo the Cross Slopes and Transitions steps in iteration, in order to achieve the best results.
Manually Adjust Design
- Bending/Lifting work to be done, as necessary, to the smoothed, corrected profile that meets specifications but still doesn't "look right/good"