About the Status menu
The Status menu Displays information about the current position of the GNSS receiver, RTK status, and satellite constellations.
Status is comprised of four tab windows
- Scatter Plots
- SVs (Satellite View)
The options available in this menu are dependent upon the instrument type specified in the Survey Job Configuration within the Configure Menu
Accessing the Status Menu
- To access Status from the MAGNET Field Home screen
- Click the Setup icon
- Click the Status Icon
Using theS Vs tab
- When opened the default view is of the Position tab
- Click the SVs tab
The SVs tab displays a graphical representation of the position of the satellites in the sky or the signal - to - noise ratio (SNR) values
The right side of the dialog shows a list of sateliite constellations being tracked
- Toggle between SNR and Plot to observe the satellites skyplot or the signal-to-noise ratio for the satellites signals.
- Click List to obtain the table displaying the satellites parameters
- Click SNR to display a graphical representation of the Signal to Noise Ratio
- The list shows the Satellites being tracked at a given time
- By pressing the corresponding icon, you can display or hide each satellite on the skyplot or in the List representation
Note: satellite constellation availability depends on the purchased OAF and corresponding settings in the Tracking dialog (Instrument Wizard Configuration) and GNSS receiver type.
- The GPS satellites constellation icon is always available.
- To review the data for a specific constellation Click on the icon for the values you wish to hide
- In this example, notice only satellites from the GLONASS constellation are displayed
- Click plot to return to the Skyplot view
- Click List to obtain the table displaying the satellites parameters:
The check box defines whether the satellite is used in position computation.
- CA: shows the signal to noise ratio in the C/A channel on the L1 frequency [dB*Hz]
- EL: shows the elevation angle of the satellite
- AZ: shows the azimuth of the satellite
- H/U: shows whether the satellite is healthy or unhealthy
- L2: shows the signal to noise ratio in the P channel on the L2 frequency [dB*Hz]
- L2C: show the signal to noise ratio in the C/A channel on the L2 frequency [dB*Hz]
- L5: show the signal to noise ratio on L5 frequency [dB*Hz]
- Select the Option button on the upper left corner of the diplay to access
- Antenna Setup to view the current selection in the instrument configuration
- Reset RTK command
- Tracking to configure the GNSS receiver to track the satellite systems and satellite signals and to select a satellite constellation to be used for position computation