About the Status menu
- The Status menu Displays information about the current position of the GNSS receiver, RTK status and satellite constellations.
Status is comprised of four tab windows
- Scatter Plots
- SVs (Satellite View)
The options available in this menu are dependent upon the instrument type specified in the Survey Job Configuration within the Configure Menu
Accessing the Status Menu
- To access Status from the MAGNET Field Home screen
- Click the Setup icon
- Click the Status Icon
Using the Position Tab
- When opened the default view is of the Position tab
The Position tab displays:
- Total number of the available satellites.
- The lock icon signifies the number of the satellites tracked
- the star icon shows the number of satellites used in position determination
- Current UTC time
- Solution type
- Coordinates of the position in the selected coordinate system and units
- PDOP value; it is a factor depending solely on satellite geometry describing how the uncertainty in the coordinates will depend on the measurement errors. PDOP is proportional to the estimated position uncertainty.
- H and V stand for HRMS and VRMS, the RMS values of the horizontal and vertical coordinates, respectively.
- Base Dist: slope distance to base antenna. The field is empty if no differential corrections are received.
- Select the Option button on the upper left corner of the display to access
- Antenna Setup to view the current selection in the instrument configuration
- Reset RTK command
- Tracking to configure the GNSS receiver to track the satellite systems and satellite signals and to select a satellite constellation to be used for position computation