- Go to Configure> Survey
- Under "Optical Configuration" tap "select from Library"
- Select "My Robotic" and tap "Add". This creates a copy of the "MyRobotic" configuration which you can customize.
Config: Survey Settings
- Name your configuration and select Type as "Robotic".
- Set the manufacturer and model for your robotic total station type.
- Set your initial TS Connection as "Bluetooth TS".
- Set Measure Method as Direct/Reverse. Select "Search and Aim". Check the boxes for "Auto accept measurement" and "Measure reverse distance".
- Click Next.
- Select the type of prism being used from a list of pre-defined prisms. If your prism is not on that list click on the "..." to edit prisms.
- Check the box for "Auto Target".
- Set EDM mode to "Rapid".
- Once you have set up the Auto Topo, Monitor Options, Data Output options, and Stake Settings click the green check to save your configuration.
- Click the green check a second time to confirm your configuration.
Connecting to the Total Station
- Click "Connect".
- Check the option for "Optical" and check that the name of the configuration is correct. If not, click on the "…" button to select your configuration.
- Click the "Connect" button to connect to your total station.
Setting up Backsight
- Click "Setup" then "Backsight" to set up your backsight.
- Select "Survey" then "Set Collection".
- Set up your Occupy and Backsight.
- Select Angle sequence as "BS FS ^ FS BS". Check the boxes for "Set circle ...", "Auto turn", and "Auto accept". To set the class click on the box with the "...".
- Select "MAGNET Default" and click "Add" to create your classes.
- Set the desired sets according to the image.
- Once done, click on the green check.
- Check that your class is highlighted and click the green check.
- Confirm your measurement type and prism type and click "Next". This will take you to a screen similar to the one below.
- Click on the save icon on the bottom right corner to start the set collection. At the end you will get a set collection report.
- If it is within tolerance, click "Accept". If not, re-measure.