Creating Field Code file
- Open Microsoft Excel (or other spreadsheet editor), and create the field codes manually, or use copy/paste function to input the field codes from 3rd-party software or PDF.
- Remove header information and everything except Codes and Descriptions.
To add the Point/Line types
- 0 = Points
- 1 = Lines
- Save the file as a *.csv
Importing Field Codes
- Open MAGNET Field
- Select Exchange
- Select From File
- Set the Data to Code Library
- Set the Format to Topcon Text Custom (*.txt)
- Change the Type to All Files (*.*)
- Select the *.csv file that was saved from the Excel file.
- Set Delimiter to Comma
- Change File Style to Code, Description, Code Type
- Select the green checkmark in the upper-right corner to import.
- File imported!