- Open the File menu.
- Navigate to Data > Create New Model Project.
Choose a model project path
A new model project requires an empty folder that will then contain all the model project files.
- Click Choose... to the right of the Project path text box.
- Browse to the desired location.
- Create a new empty folder.
- The folder must be empty to create a model project.
- Enter a name for the new folder.
- The name of the folder will become the name of the model project.
- Click Select Folder.
Specify coordinate system
In order to work with RD-M1 data, the model project must have a geodetic projection defined for the coordinate system.
- Select the Geodetic radio button.
- Click Choose... to the right of the Coordinate system text box.
- Select the appropriate projection from the list.
- All available projections are listed in alphabetical order.
- Typing in the Filter text box will reduce the list by matching text in either the code or description of the coordinate systems.
- Select the Datum from the drop-down list.
- Only datums pertaining to the selected coordinate system will be available.
- Select the Geoid type.
- This drop-down list sets the format of the geoid file to be used.
- Select None to use ellipsoid heights rather than orthometric heights.
- Click Choose..., and navigate to the geoid file to be used.
- This button will be grayed out, and any file listed will not be used if None is selected.
- Click OK.
Create a model project
- Verify the correct file path and coordinate system.
- Click OK.