TIN and DEM
Before using this functions, it is required that a Model project has been created and that point cloud(s) have been imported to this model.
It is impossible to create TINs in the following conditions:
Importing point clouds into a model project whose coordinate system is ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed)
Selecting more than one point cloud with different coordinate systems
The number of selected points is fewer than 3.
Point cloud Selection
Select the points from the point clouds using the available cloud selection tools:
Once selection is made, two ways to create a new TIN are available:
- Right-click TIN folder in Model Project on Workspace, then select "Create TIN"
- Select Tools on the top Ribbon, and the click "TIN"
- Select the ground sampling distance and also Surface Policy (Low, High, Average, Most central)
- Click Start to generate the TIN
TIN color range
It is possible to set a specific color range for TINs. There are two ways to display the Color Range window:
Right click on the Model Project in Workspace window, select Edit Color Range
Select Edit tab on the Ribbon and then click Color Range
- Chose TIN in the drop down list in Target.
- Adjust the color range, either by using the slide bars or typing specific values.
To output a generated TIN from MAGNET Collage:
- Select the target TIN in the Workspace window
- Click Export in the Edit tab on the top Ribbon or Right-click on the TIN and select Export.
- Set the destination path
- Set the data format
- Set the coordinate system
- Set units
- Execute data output