All Topcon FC-5000 field computers that are or have been sold with the internal 4G LTE cellular modem option are now eligible to be used within Verizon Wireless networks. Here is what you need to know.
All Topcon FC-5000 field computer IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) numbers have been processed into the Verizon Wireless system and are available to be activated by a purchasing customer.
- Take the FC-5000 into a Verizon Wireless store
- Present the FC-5000's IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number
- The Verizon agent will register the device to be used
- That FC-5000 can now actively connect to the internet within all Verizon networks
17. Battery Pack, Removable
18. Battery Door
19. Micro SIM Card Slot and Micro SD/SDHC Card Slot (underneath card retainer)
20. Flexible Card Retainer
21. Battery Compartment
22. Docking Connection
23. Hand Strap Attachment Point (2 on each side)
Install the SIM Card:
The card slot and flexible card holder are designed to hold the card securely in place so it will not come out or disconnect if the tablet is dropped. To insert or remove a card, follow these steps:
- Power off the FC-5000 field computer (this is a requirement).
- Remove the battery door. CAUTION: The FC-5000 is not sealed against water and dust when the battery door is not installed properly.
- Remove the battery pack by pulling up on the black tab on the front of the battery pack.
- An image on the battery compartment label shows the correct location and orientation for the SIM card (slot on the right). Pull the flexible card holder back out of the way. Push the card into the slot to insert it.
- Push the flexible card holder back into place, covering the card slots.
Replace the battery pack, and attach the battery door. To remove the SIM card, gently pull it out with tweezers or a piece of tape.
Note: If the modem was on before shutting the FC-5000 down to insert the SIM card, you are prompted to configure the data connection when you reboot.
Topcon FC-5000 IMEI Number:
You may be asked for the modem’s IMEI number, here is where you can find it:
- From the Start menu, select Settings >> Network & Internet >> Cellular.
- Tap on the Cellular icon, then select Advanced Options.
- The IMEI number is listed under Properties.