Restoring a Topcon FC-500 field controller to its original factory state will permanently erase data any and all saved within the handheld device. Prior to performing this reset process, it is vital that all data file are first redundant backed up.
Clean Boot Reset Process
- Prior to reset, ensure that all job files and project data has been redundantly saved since this process will permanently delete all files and restore to factory defaults.
- Close any software programs that may be running within the device.
- Press and hold the power button until a power button sub-menu appears.
- Tap the Reset the option.
- Once the controller's screen turns black, press and hold the power button again until the following screen appears.
- Move the slider at the top of the screen to the right to set or clear factory defaults.
- This will then begin the clean boot restoration process.
- Once complete, follow screen prompts to for settings and screen calibration.