Total station setup
- Set the total station on a tripod and secure with the mounting screw.
- Level the total station with the digital level and the tribrach leveling screws. Or, if equipped (LN-100), allow your instrument to self-level.
Before you can use a total station on a jobsite, you need to complete a setup routine, which completes the orientation of the total station equipment with the BIM information and the jobsite. Without a completed setup routine, the total station has no idea where it is in the world.
Resection setup method
The instrument is set up by referencing two to five known control points to triangulate the instrument’s current position, orientating it with the physical world and the CAD/BIM file.
In the Home view from the selected model,
- Click the Layout icon.
- A new ribbon is now available. Click on the New Setup icon.
- Click Resection.
Edit the heights:
- Robotic total station
First control point - Part I
Before proceeding to control point measurements, check that there is line of sight between the setup location and the control points to be measured.
- Click Next.
- Line up the total station toward the target.
- Activate the joystick and adjust the line of sight. Use Search to lock the target.
First control point - Part II
- Ensure the total station is locked with the target.
- Click Next.
- Select the control point from the list and click Next.
- The control point is added and measured.
- Click Next to add a new control point.
Second control point
- With the total station locked with the target, move to the second control point.
- Select the control point from the list.
- Click Next to measure.
- Check the resection residuals, and, if within tolerance, save the setup.
- Add more control points as required.