The Agisoft Photogrammetric Software for Topcon is an advanced image-based 3D modeling solution aimed at creating professional quality 3D content from still images.
- Photogrammetric triangulation
- Dense point cloud editing and classification
- 3D model generation and texturing
- Digital terrain or surface model export
- Georeferenced orthomosaic export
- Multi-spectral imagery processing
Processing of images within the Agisoft Photogrammetric Software for Topcon includes the following main steps:
- Loading, inspecting images, and removing unnecessary photos
- Aligning photos
- Building dense point cloud
- Building mesh (3D polygonal model)
- Generating texture
- Building tiled model
- Building digital elevation model
- Building orthomosaic
- Before starting a project, adjusting the program settings is recommended. To open the dialog window, select Tools → Preferences.
- Under the General Tab a user can indicate the path to which a processing log can be written. This is useful information in the event of issues that occur which require support during processing.
- Under the OpenCL Tab, enable any OpenCL devices detected and reduce the number of active CPU cores by one for each OpenCL device enabled. (If the CPU supports hyper-threading, then two active CPU cores per each device should be disabled).
The image to the right is a general overview of the application window, showing a wide range of views and information displayed within the software.
- Model View
- Ortho View
- Photo View
- Workspace pane
- Reference pane
- Photos pane
The Model view tab is used for displaying 3D data as well as for mesh and point cloud editing. The view of the model depends on the current processing.
- Models can be shown as a dense cloud, with class indication or without; or as a mesh in shaded, solid, wireframe or textured modes.
- Along with the model, the results of photo alignment can be displayed. These include visualized data in the form of a sparse point cloud and viewing camera positions.
The Ortho view is used for displaying 2D processing results, such as a digital elevation model (DEM) and full resolution orthomosaic.
- Shapes and contour lines can also be displayed within this view.
- Additional instruments allow the user to draw points, polylines and polygons on the orthomosaic and/or digital elevation model to perform point, linear, profile and volume measurements
The Photo view tab is used for displaying individual photos as well as markers and masks on the images.
- This view is visible only if any photo is opened. To open a photo, double-click on its name within the Workspace, Reference or Photos pane.