Basic View Information
- An operator has the ability to see multiple views depending on the specific application.
- In this example, the primary view is a “Plan View”, showing where the machine is located on the project.
- The left “Grade indicator” will provide the operator with a graphical cut/fill tape display.
- The lower portion of the screen is a “Section View” providing the operator with additional information especially when working with Alignments.
The Slope Control Information window provides the operator with system status along with the design slope information.
- If at any time the system experiences a problem with the Topcon slope sensor, the green background will turn red indicating there is a problem.
- The 3D indicator (shown in gray text) shows the system is in 3D mode.
- The 3D Slope (numerical value in green box in lower-right) is displaying the design slope at that location on the project.
- The Auto/Manual indicator (black box in lower-right) will illuminate when the system is in Auto.
The Elevation Control Information window provides the operator with system status along with grade elevation information.
- If at any time the system experiences a loss of GPS or radio connection, the green background will turn red, indicating there is a problem.
- The GPS status icon (leftmost arrow) may differ depending on the type of GPS installed.
- The Radio status icon (right arrow) indicates the system is receiving radio connection. An “X” covering the icon indicates a problem.
The Elevation Control Information window has two values providing the operator with a digital reading.
The Elevation Offset value (top number) is the elevation an operator has selected to be above or below the design project elevation.
- This value will be the same as the value in the cut/fill tape.
- The Grade Status value (bottom number) indicates how far the cutting implement is from the selected elevation Offset.
Basic View Selections
To customize the display information, select the “View” tab to access the Left/Right/Main/Lower window options.
Basic Display Options
The “Display Options” menu has additional options for how the TIN/Alignment information will be displayed, along with the ability to select display units.