Auto/Manual Knob Options
- Auto manual knobs will vary depending on the machine type.
- On machines that Topcon integrates through a CAN interface we will typically utilize existing switch functions built into the OEM control handles.
- On machines where Topcon adds an external valve you will typically find an external A/M switch.
Motor Grader A/M Switches
- Aftermarket auto/manual knobs on Motor Graders are installed on the left and right elevation control levers.
Each A/M switch pod will provide the operator with finger-tip controls for basic functions.
- Raise/Lower buttons allow the operator to adjust elevations or change slope when in 2D mode. When pressed together while in 2D mode they will work as a survey feature placing either the slope or elevation device to on-grade.
- Left A/M switch when in 2D mode held to the right for 3 seconds (Swap) will swap the left and right sides of the control box.
- Right A/M switch when held to the left for 3 seconds will scroll through the three available set points.
Cat M Series A/M Switches
- An M-series grader equipped with the advanced Joy Stick levers offers Increment/Decrement along with A/M for the left and right cylinders.
John Deere GP Series A/M Switches
- The John Deere GP series utilizes existing buttons integrated into the joy stick levers for Auto Manual and Increment/Decrement.
Dozer A/M Switches
- Dozers without integrated switch options will have a simple Auto/Manual switch installed.
- On machines equipped with integrated switch functionality Topcon can utilize the existing switches on many machines.