Texture libraries are essential for the use of the software. MAGNET Modeler for Autodesk includes libraries for textures and sounds. Basic libraries come with the installation packages. Additional libraries can be installed separately.
Supported texture file formats are:
File formats NOT supported are:
AutoCAD materials must be attached to 3D faces. In the AutoCAD menu, navigate to View > Render > Materials...).
MAGNET Modeler supports AutoCAD materials and texture mapping with meshes but not with the surface model. To make AutoCAD materials work in MAGNET Explorer, you need to do the following:
- AutoCAD mapping must be attached to 3D faces. In the AutoCAD menu, go to View > Render > Mapping...).
- 3D faces must be defined as a block.
- The block must be on an appropriate layer defined as a meshes layer in the MAGNET Modeler configuration.
MAGNET Modeler supports multiple search paths for texture and sound libraries. The installer program will take care of the initialization of these paths. The search paths can be edited both from MAGNET Modeler and from MAGNET Explorer with the Texture Paths dialog box. The search order for texture files is:
- The project's specific folder(s) specified in the vmviewer.ini file, including subfolders
- The system folders specified at the installation phase. The initial path is
- MAGNET\Explorer\Common\Libraries\Textures\ (including subfolders)
The various texture paths can be defined and edited with the Texture Path dialog box. Open this in the Modeler menu by going to Tools >Texture Paths or from the Explorer Settings dialog box.