What is Modeler for Autodesk?
MAGNET Modeler for Autodesk is a parametric modeling engine that produces combined multidisciplinary models from various input sources.
- It keeps all input data and geometry throughout the whole process. The use of parametric modeling rules makes traditionally time-consuming tasks automatic.
- MAGNET Modeler for Autodesk integrates smoothly with existing tools such as Autodesk®, AutoCAD®, Civil 3D®, and Map 3D®.
- Data import in various formats is possible such as open BIM formats (LandXML, IFC, CityGML), as well as generic CAD and 3D model formats.
MAGNET Modeler handles 2D to 3D as well as GIS data to 3D conversions.
- You can convert digital maps into 3D city models, utility network data into volumetric 3D objects, and traditionally engineered 2D disciplines such as landscaping, pavement markings, lighting, and sign plans into 3D.
- MAGNET Modeler also allows you to convert CAD symbols into 3D objects.
- MAGNET Modeler for Autodesk (version 5.2) is compatible with AutoCAD, Map 3D, and Civil 3D 2017-2019.
Follow the steps below to activate your license for MAGNET Modeler for Autodesk. Note that once you have activated your license, it cannot be transferred to another device. A Modeler for Autodesk license doesn't support Check Out/Check In of the license.
The license activation dialog box opens when clicking on the MAGNET Modeler tab in Autodesk for the first time after installation.
Here you can see the tab in Autodesk Civil 3D.
The License information window opens. Click Activate license.
Log in using your Topcon credentials, and click Next.
Enter your license serial number, and click Next.
Accept the license agreement by clicking I Accept.
The product is now licensed for use.