About Receiver Management
Receiver Management displays information about a GNSS receiver and provides a user interface to perform specific tasks
Receiver Management is comprised of three modules
- Receiver Information
- Receiver OAF
- Receiver Update
Accessing Receiver Management
- To access Receiver Management from the MAGNET Field Home screen, Click the Setup icon
About Receiver Update
- This dialog allows the user to upload GNSS firmware to a receiver
- Firmware can be updated using a physical COM port, Bluetooth, or high speed wireless connection via Wi-Fi
- Note: Use Wi-Fi for loading new firmware to Net-G5 and HiPer HR receivers
Note: receiver GNSS Frimware can be downloaded from the myTopcon product page for the receiver being used
Using Receiver Management
- Click on Receiver Update
- The dialog displays the following information about the GNSS receiver: Board model, Board version, receiver ID and receiver Hardware version.
- Click the FW Upload button
- Navigate to the location of the firmware files on your controller
- Click the firmware folder
Select the required format of the firmware file in the Type field of the Select Path dialog:
- ldp Files (*.ldp) format for all Topcon GNSS receivers, except for Net-G5 and HiPer HR;
- tfi Files (*.tfi) format for Net-G5 and HiPer HR only.
Select the required firmware file:
- main.ldp for all Topcon GNSS receiver, except for Net-G5 and HiPer HR;
- timage_gnss*.tfi) for Net-G5 and HiPer HR only.
- Click the green check mark to start uploading the selected file to the receiver.
- Click the Yes button to start the update
- The firmware process will begin
- The duration of the update process varies between receiver models
- When the firmware file is uploaded to the receiver successfully, MAGNET Field displays the following message: "Receiver will reset and start update".
- Click the Close button.
- The firmware has now been loaded