When to reformat
If the GX-55 or GX-75 is not performing properly after other troubleshooting procedures have been performed, reformatting the control box is the next option. This will completely remove any files and the operating system. If the cause of any issues was corrupt files, this procedure will fix it.
Before reformatting the control box, be sure to do the following:
- Back up all project data (TP3, GC3, LN3, etc.).
- Back up all machine builders (MX3).
Back up the 3D-MC password.
- Navigate to 3D-MC > View > About 3DMC > Options > Modify > Export.
- Have the latest control box OS on a USB drive.
- Power off the control box.
- Hold the > button.
- Press the Power button.
- Release the > button after the Topcon splash screen appears.
- You will be prompted to recalibrate the screen.
The control box is now in Safe Mode.
- Go to My Device > View > Options.
- Uncheck all three boxes:
- Do not show hidden files and folders.
- Hide protected operating system files.
- Hide file extensions.
- Go to My Device > Windows > nandtools.exe, and double-click it.
- Click Format NAND Flash.
- Click Yes to begin reformatting.
The control box memory will be cleaned, and it will reboot back into Safe Mode.
- Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Upgrade.
- Browse for the MAIN OS image on the USB drive.
- Click Upgrade.
- The control box will load the OS and reboot.
- You must now reload 3D-MC, MCXConfig, TRU, and any other software that was present prior to reformatting the box.