- Cable; Serial to IPS3 Indicator Box (part number on the cable 7200870230 or 720080712)
- Stable power supply (12-20V DC >3A) Or installed to a car (TURN OFF ECO/STARTSTOP System)
- PC/laptop (windows) with Serial port (Or use a USB to Serial Converter)
- Remove/disconnect all cables except Indicator Box and Power cable.
- Connect the Serial cable to the indicator box and PC
- Turn on the Timing box
2. Connecting with TRU (Topcon Receiver Utility) upload firmware (Application Mode)
Start TRU (Topcon Receiver Utility)
[Device] -> [Application Mode] -> [Firmware Loading F5]
- [Device] -> [Connect F11]
3. Select Correct Serial Port
- Select your connection type (Serial Port)
Port Name Click on […] to add the port
- Right click in the new window and refresh
- Select the Serial port where the IP-S3 is connected
[OK] (right corner top)
- [Connect] (Do not put a checkmark on [Secondary Receiver]
4. Firmware loading
Click [Firmware Loading]
Select each item from the select device screen from the dropdown and select the following and then click [Next]
Device type [Receiver]
Firmware Image Format [Two files (.ldr and .Ipd)]
Capture Method [Soft Break]
5. Confirm firmware version
- Confirm that it is 4.2 SPR (Not the latest version), Click [Next]
6. Setup upload settings
On the select settings screen confirm that each item is the following, and then click [Next]
Serial Port Settings of Primary Receiver 
RTC / CTS [Remove check]
7. Select firmware files
Select the firmware files (Loader and Image)
Firmware RAM Image: *.ldr
Firmware Flash Image: *.Idp
8. Install firmware
Click [Next] to start.
Version upgrade is started (about 3 minutes). Do not turn off the Timing Box!!
- Wait until the software reports "The firmware has succesfully been update"
9. Checking the new firmware version
- [Device] -> [Application mode] -> [Receiver Managing F3]
[Device] -> [Connect F11]
- Connect to the same serial port as by Step 3.
10. Confirm the new firmware version
- [Information] -> Confirm that is new firmware, (e.g. 4.7 FEB,21,2019 p10)
- Close the receiver Info screen with the X mark on the upper right
- [Device] -> [Disconnect]
12. Clearing NVRAM
- Long press NVRAM Clear button of the Indicator Box (approximately 5 seconds).
The switch LED turns from green to flashing (slowly), release it from the button.
NVRAM clearing is completed when the switch LED turns off.
- Wait approximately 2 minutes
- Turn off the Timing Box.
- Connect all cables back to the Timing Box.
- Turn On the timing box.
- Confirm GNSS LED lighting state of the indicator box or use MMF.
- Make a (Small) test drive.
Because almanac files etc. are initialized, it needs 13 minutes or more to receive it in the sky view which enables sufficient satellite reception!