Creating a custom projection in 3D-Office
In order to create a custom projection for Pocket 3D, a user must first create the projection in 3D-Office. Currently, XML files cannot be exported from 3D-Office and then imported in Pocket 3D. From 3D-Office, the user then can save the file to a *.tp3 that can be used in Pocket 3D with the custom projection.
- To start this process from 3D-Office's ribbon bar, go to Project > Utilities > Custom projection.
- Enter the information pertaining to the custom projection.
- Click OK when finished.
- From 3D-Office, go to File > Save As.
- Save the *.tp3 file to a thumb drive that can then be transferred over to the Topcon > 3DMC folder on the data collector.
Selecting a custom projection in Pocket 3D
Once the *.tp3 file has been transferred from the computer to the data collector, the user will then need to set that as their active project.
- From Pocket 3D, go to Data > Project, and then set the *.tp3 file that was created in 3D-Office as the active project.
- Once the active project is set, go to Data > Control > Options.
- From the Coords. menu, make sure Known projection/datum is selected.
- After that is confirmed, select the Proj. tab.
- Select the custom projection from this list.
Once selected, it will be set as the active projection in Pocket 3D. The current project will now run with the custom projection.