Before Starting Motors:
⎕ UAS condition (Check UAS is airworthy)
⎕ SD Card (Installed) Make sure to have an empty and correctly formatted SD card inserted in the camera.
⎕ Aircraft Intel Powerpack Batteries (Installed, label up) Both batteries in the Intel® Falcon™ 8+ UAS are fully inserted.
⎕ Intel® Cockpit GCS Battery (Installed, label down)
⎕ Intel® Cockpit GCS condition (Check condition (no loose parts))
⎕ Intel® Cockpit GCS Antenna Panel (Panal Folded out)
⎕ Propeller Area (Clear)
⎕ Launch Area (Clean, Clear)
⎕ Weather (Check)
⎕ Wind speed (Verify within limits)
⎕ Smartphone (Airplane mode)
To avoid interferences with the UAS, set all smartphones to airplane (flight) mode.
- There is enough space to take off and land (no people, animals or obstacles within 33 ft. (10 m)).
- There are no obstacles around that could shadow the GPS signal.
- The surface allows all Propellers to spin freely.
- There are no dust, sand and small rocks that could be sucked into the Motors.
- There are no magnetic fields to be expected.
⎕ System (Payload, Falcon8+ and GCS) (On)
CAUTION: ALWAYS SWITCH ON THE SYSTEM IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER:
- INTEL FALCON 8+ UAS CENTRAL UNIT
- INTEL COCKPIT GCS
⎕ System Boot (Triple Beep)
⎕ Camera mount (Engaged)
⎕ Comm. Link (Established)
⎕ Video Image (Present)
⎕ Loss Link Procedure (Selected Correct Mode)
⎕ Intel® Cockpit GCS Battery Capacity (minimum 30min remaining)
⎕ Aircraft Intel® Powerpack™ Battery Capacity (80% minimum)
⎕ GCS Status Message (OK)
⎕ GPS Quality (GPS Mode) (≥ 4 bars)
⎕ Wind speed (Within limits)