Topcon is offering the ability to run Topcon 3D machine control off Trimble 900 Mhz base stations with full GPS and GLONASS support.
The following should be noted when using this setup:
- mmGPS is NOT supported.
- CMR+ format MUST be used on the Trimble base radio and SNR radio.
- SNR930, 931, and 934 radios are all supported, but only the SNR930 will be available for purchase through Topcon.
- Any SNR radio being used must be running a minimum of v5.7 firmware.
- Changing of radio channels must be done via laptop or Windows 10 data collector using the WinFlash utility available here.
- For information on how to change radio channels on the SNR930 radio, see the related article on myTopcon.
The following parts are available to order through Topcon.
- 1034710-01: RADIO, FRU SNR930, TRMBL
- 1040468-01: BRACKET, MOUNTING, AQUA, TRMBL
- 1037193-01: ASSY, MC-R3 TO EXT TRIMBLE SNR RADIO
- 1037193-02: ASSY, MC-X1 TO EXT TRIMBLE SNR RADIO
- 1037193-03: ASSY, 6-PIN DT TO EXT TRIMBLE SNR RADIO
Note: The 6-pin DT to SNR cable is ONLY used for John Deere OEM systems using the MC-X1.
The SNR radio can be mounted securely to the outside of the machine using the 1040468-01 bracket kit.
Mounting the radio inside the machine is optional, but the radio antenna must be mounted on a location high on the machine, clear of obstructions.
Wiring (MC-R3 systems)
For MC-R3 systems, the following pins can be used to interface the cable with the standard MC-R3 harnesses:
- Breakout A, Pin 32: Power (red)
- Breakout A, Pin 39: Ground (black)
- Breakout B, Pin 14: Serial 1 RX (yellow)
Note: Pin 14 on Breakout B MUST be used for serial RX. Power and ground connections may vary depending on systems.
Wiring (MC-X1 systems)
For MC-X1 systems, a Deutsch 4-pin connector is installed on the cable for easy installation.
This 4-pin connector will connect to the Breakout B cable where the Satel UHF/SS radio would typically connect.
Wiring (JD OEM systems)
For John Deere OEM systems using MC-X1 controllers, a DT04-6P connector is installed on the cable for easy installation.
This 4-pin connector will connect to the Breakout B cable where the UR-1 radio would typically connect.
3D-MC setup (MC-R3)
The GNSS radio settings should be set as follows for MC-R3 systems:
- Radio type: Topcon FH915 (SS)
- Port: Serial Port C
- Baud rate: 38400
- Format: CMR+
3D-MC setup (MC-X1 & JD OEM)
The GNSS radio settings should be set as follows for MC-X1 systems for aftermarket and John Deere OEM:
- Radio type: Generic External
- Format: CMR+
If you are having trouble with the installation or have questions, please contact Topcon Support at 866-4-TOPCON or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.