- From the Home Screen
- Tap Configure
- Tap Coordinate Systems: select as required for the project
- Check the box for “Use Grid/Ground”
- Then press the ellipsis button [...] to establish the parameters for Grid/Ground
In Origin Pt and Scale Factor modes directly enter Combined scale factor to be used in the transformation.
In any Parameters mode resulting combined scale factor will be displayed at the bottom of the dialog for reference purposes.
In Avg Job Ht mode enter Map Scale Factor from Ellipsoid to Grid to be used in the transformation.
Average Job Ht
Average Job Height to be used in the transformation.
In Scale Factor mode, you will directly ENTER Combined scale factor to be used in the transformation. In Scale Factor mode, you can select the Direction of the scale factor (either "Ground to Grid" or "Grid to Ground"), depending on which information you begin with.
In Origin Pt, you will choose a point to calculate a scale factor from. In Origin Pt mode, the "Grid to Ground" direction is always selected.
In Avg Job Ht mode enter Map Scale Factor from Ellipsoid to Grid including the average job Height to be used in the transformation. In Avg Job Ht mode, the "Ellipsoid to Grid" direction is always selected.
Grid to Ground with the Origin Point Method
- From the options mentioned above the most practical is the Origin Point
- Select a point from the Map or the list
- And the Scale factor of the specific point will be used as Combined SF, automatically the Combined SF box is populated.
- Also, you can define the ground Northing and Easting for the origin point, for this example 5000-5000 as shown in the screen capture.
- Once Done tap the green Check Mark
- Going to the Edit Points the coordinates are displayed are now Ground, and the coordinates for the Origin point are as established on the Grid to Ground Parameters screen.
- To the display or to simply view the Coordinates values as Grid or as WGS84 or as any datum required.
- Press the Star Icon [ ✧ ] located on the top right of the Edit Points screen
- And Select the coordinate type as preferred.
- Now all coordinates values are displayed as Grid.
- This can be accessed at any moment to change back to Ground and vice versa.