What We Do
At Topcon Positioning Systems (TPS), we pride ourselves on being dreamers. Our global network of engineers constantly dream about what technologies should exist that and then set goals making those dreams realities.
We dream about how to make the complex world in which our customers operate more simple.
TPS uses the an “anticipatory” style of management to solve problems, which focuses the attention of our employees in working to break technological barriers before our customers even realize they need them.
We talk to our customers and dream about ways to help end-users save time in every phase of every job in the fields of civil engineering, survey, utilities, construction, mapping, agriculture, forensic science, mining, lasers, and software.
We take those dreams and map out designs and products that fill important technological niches in the global marketplace. The TPS corps of dedicated employees continually examine ways to further integrate positioning and automated technologies to meet the constantly changing demands facing industries worldwide.
Our work does not stop there.
TPS prides itself on providing rugged, reliable, easy-to-use, products that have been field-tested in order meet rigid industry-leading standards and then – and only then – are the products made available to the vast, worldwide dealer network.
Topcon’s direct connection to the customer begins at the point of sale. Of course, like any successful business, providing exemplary customer service is a given. But at TPS, we carry it a step further: Providing unequaled service to our customers is an integral part of our company culture.
When it’s time for simple solutions for complicated problems in your business … Topcon. It’s time.
That's the key to leadership, and the reason Topcon is the world's leading supplier of laser and optical surveying instruments. Topcon has introduced more "world's first" features than any other company.
It's time ... for Topcon
- World's First waterproof auto level (AT-G Series)
- World's First sonic grading and paving control system (Sonic Tracker & Slope Sensor)
- World's First modern compact coaxial total station ("The Guppy")
- World's First laser with beam scanning technology (RL-50)
- World's First compensated laser priced under $1,000 (RL-50)
- World's First encoder-driven grade entry pipe laser (TP-L2)
- World's First waterproof total station (GTS-200)
- World's First waterproof theodolite (DT-100)
- World-s First combo rotating laser/ theodolite (RT-10S)
- World's First GreenBeam(r) pipe laser (TP-L3G)
- World's First automatic excavator control system (T-S5)
- World's First GreenBeam(r) rotating laser (RL-VH2G)
World's First "Smart" laser features: (RL-VH2G)
- SmartLine auto beam alignment
- SmartScan laser line drawing
- SmartFocus, self-focusing laser beam
- SmartSlope auto beam sloping + self- leveling
- World's First sonic-averaging system (SmoothTrac(r))
- World's First high-speed self-leveling lasers (RL-H Series)
- World's First SmartSensor laser monitoring receiver (RL-HA)
- World's First 3-D machine control (System 5 3-D)
- World's First high-precision (five arc second) dual slope laser (RT-5SA)
- World's First auto aligning dual-slope laser (RT-5SA)
- World's First wireless, two-way laser control system (RT-5SA)
- World's First value priced (under $1,500) totally self-leveling interior laser (RL-S1B)
- World's First dual-frequency GPS plus GLONASS receivers for surveying (Legacy E)
- World's First auto focus total station (GTS-600AF)
- World's First satellite-directed automatic 3D machine control system
- World's First integrated GPS receiver, antenna and radio (HiPer+)
- World's First integrated GPS receiver, controller and radio (HiPer+)
- World's First wireless total station (GTS-230W)
- World's First cable-free RTK system (HiPer Lite)
- World's First electronic self-leveling laser under $900 (RL-H3C)
- World's First value-priced (under $1,500) totally self-leveling laser with SmartLine (RL-VH3D)
- World's First robotic total station with instant beam lock system (GTS-800)
- World's First robotic total station with optical communication link (GTS-800)
- World's First satellite receiver chip (Paradigm G3) allowing users to pick up all signals from all available satellites now and in the foreseeable future.
- World's first integrated GIS data collection and land survey system (GMS-110)
Click here to see a short video about Topcon.